FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:53 pm
smokie36

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by woglet86
Coming back from Spain a couple of weeks ago, economy was completely full.

I was in the 5th row of economy, by which point they had one cheese sandwich left and one salad. I imagine there were a few disappointed people further back.

I normally try to avoid it but for various reasons this was the first time I was relying on the BoB to get some dinner - a stressful experience I wouldn't want to repeat, worrying whether you'll get any substantial food.

Would it have killed me to go without? No, but on this occasion I was hungry and BA does trumpet the food offering.

A high take up (I think to be expected for this route and time of day) and some iPad issues meant the crew seemed pretty stressed. One said to me she was "losing the will to live".

It's been said before but the nature and tone of the interaction between crew and passengers has really nosedived with BoB, I feel very sorry for them.
I said it before on here but the beef or chicken sub rolls M&S sell in their shops would be perfect for these longer return legs.

Longer shelf life than the sandwiches and a simple hot snack for a fiver.

Not been thought through at any level really as it took me all of 1 minute to see that as an ideal solution. (to a problem BA won't admit it has)