FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:56 pm
OskiBear

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyMore888
Arriving at TBIT on SQ.

Wife arrives at TBIT on CX one hour later.

Final destination is LAX.

Is it possible for me to stay in TBIT (or T4) until my wife arrives or, without a connecting flight, does the system force me out through customs to the street?

Thanks.
I think it's reasonably possible to do this without drawing much attention to yourself. If you both arrive TBIT (which it sounds like you will), you can probably spend more time hanging out downstairs in the baggage claim area prior to exiting Customs.

The arrivals passport/immigration area is fairly well-monitored and they're ushering people to the correct line for expediency. However, once you're through immigration, you head downstairs to the huge baggage claim area.

My partner does not have Global Entry and I do - we always meet at the bottom of the escalator. No one gives a hoot if I'm standing there with a bunch of other people looking to rejoin their party. You can use the restroom, wait for you bag, etc. The bags take forever anyways.

If it's a busy arrivals time, I don't think anyone will notice you.