FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Farelock - Questions/Answers/Experiences {Archive}
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:27 am
kirkwoodj

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
Hi! I found some Farelock info on page 9 about having to pay for your flights with the same credit care you used to hold the reservation. However on the Terms and Condition page within United.com I don't see that rule listed. Thanks if you can point me to where it says that????

• FareLock is available for reservations booked through united.com, the United app or the United Customer Contact Center. FareLock is available on flights operated by United and United Express® only, and the charge is per reservation.
  • FareLock service charges are nonrefundable and are not applied toward the price of the ticket.
  • Customers can hold a reserved fare with FareLock and then complete the transaction on united.com or with the United Customer Contact Center at any time prior to the end of the FareLock hold period. Reservations that are not ticketed before the FareLock expiration will be canceled, unless the automatic purchase option has been selected.
  • FareLock is subject to availability.
  • Reservations that are held with FareLock and subsequently ticketed may be changed or refunded in accordance with United's 24-hour flexible booking policy
I've done farelock with one card and paid later on with a different one. No worries.