FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving luggage on a 22-hour layover between CDG and ORY
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:32 pm
Simon Schus

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
There are few-I'd say no-decent hotels at Orly.

I am not a fan of staying at CDG with OP's itin-a round trip into the city and back, only to get luggage and then head right out to Orly. That's a lot of time on mechanics.

I'd just find an inexpensive hotel in the city, go there upon arrival and leave the bags in the room, then go on out to Orly the next day. If it costs an extra €50, ask yourself how many nights in Paris you will have in your life and if you wouldn't pay €50 for one more?
Thank you Mountain Trader so much for taking the time out to offer some thoughts - we love it

I have had a fair few nights in Paris in my life already over the past couple of years and even more over the last decade, each for tourism, and will likely have a fair few more. I lived close enough in the past to just get the Eurostar or a short flight, and we'll hopefully live close enough in the next few years too, albeit we live several hours flight and an ocean away at the moment - so this is just a day trip to show my wife around, have a stroll around a couple of sights, and some dinner before we head back home. As such, that doesn't really come into the equation too much just yet.

We'll end up either staying at CDG or ORY on that night before our flight as a result, though on points likely at the Hilton CDG or the Hilton ORY. We had considered hotels in the centre, but alas the cost is going to be around €150 more for the night - or double to three times the amount of points - which doesn't seem worth it to us just for the ease of avoiding mechanics on such a short visit.

We were considering both options, of dropping bags at Hilton CDG and doing a roundtrip - and getting the bus the next morning to ORY. Alternatively, heading to Gare du Nord to drop our bags into some lockers there before than heading to the Hilton ORY that night and just get the shuttle bus for the short journey to the terminal the next morning. As yet, undecided. We're leaning one way more than the other.

We'll pick one option but I was just trying to ascertain luggage issues and this thread has been so helpful so thank you