Old Jul 22, 17, 7:03 pm
EK788

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer121 View Post
Flew PEK-IST-MIA in Business Class with wife and child. On both sectors the crew couldn't be more disinterested and was downright rude. They clearly seemed like they didn't want to be bothered. Food was also very disappointing. We had a choice between two appetizers on both flights. On the first flight the crew never served the soup course and no appetizer trolley on either flight. Every jump seat was taken by VERY underdressed TK cabin crew (not working the flight). When we got to the lounge in IST it was PACKED. Two hour wait for showers and trash everywhere. We even had to wait inline to use the toilets. The lounge was also in significant disrepair. This was clearly not the airline I've heard great things about.
I fly TK rather frequently (at least 1 RT long haul trip a month) and I have definitely seen my fair share of rude flight attendants both in Y and J. However it's the same case on most airlines I fly with. It's just something you need to accept regardless of which airline you fly - there are going to be flight attendants sometimes that simply aren't in great moods.

I do agree that the food offering on TK has declined in the past several months and the lounge is severely over utilized. C'est la vie.