FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Atlanta Airport {US-GA}
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2004, 12:04 pm
u600213

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Hilton Atlanta Airport was just ok when I stayed there in March 2003. Hotel front desk staff were inept on giving me the reserved rate but luckily I had printed my confirmation email. They had a marked line for HHonors to checkin but no seperate person to handle the line so checkin took way too long. I am HH Gold but did not get a room on the Executive Lounge floor but hey did give me an elevator key to get up there. The lounge is large, had little ham and cheese sandwiches , potato chips and cut up veggie platter at around 6PM. They have an honor bar with cans of mixers and bottles of booze. You make your own drink and upon leaving you are supposed to fill out a form and say how many alcoholic drinks you had, room number etc.
So of course I took the largest glass they had filled it to the brim with Canadian Whisky ( no bourbon available which is strange in the south ) and a couple cans of soda to go and called it one drink.)

Didn't see the breakfast spread in the executive lounge because I had a very early flight.

There is a Sports Bar/resturant in the basement which is ok and also a Delta Ticket office in the basement.

In March 2004 I stayed at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Airport which I found to be a newer, nicer property. The resturant staff is very slow however. I was better off walking to the Marriott next door which had a better resturant and other ammenities.

I'd take the ES over the Hilton if the price was equal.