Old Jul 22, 17, 3:02 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by flyer121 View Post
Flew PEK-IST-MIA in Business Class with wife and child. On both sectors the crew couldn't be more disinterested and was downright rude. They clearly seemed like they didn't want to be bothered. Food was also very disappointing. We had a choice between two appetizers on both flights. On the first flight the crew never served the soup course and no appetizer trolley on either flight. Every jump seat was taken by VERY underdressed TK cabin crew (not working the flight). When we got to the lounge in IST it was PACKED. Two hour wait for showers and trash everywhere. We even had to wait inline to use the toilets. The lounge was also in significant disrepair. This was clearly not the airline I've heard great things about.
I've had crew members with less than stellar language skills, others less interested than others, and the very occasional cultural dissonance: but never rudeness.

In the same way, food might not always have been my dream menu, but I've very rarely felt disappointed: so I'm sorry to hear that you were.

As for the lounge and its showers - that is a mess, and you're taking pot luck if you subscribe to the service in busy hours.

But, again, I find it difficult to reconcile my experience of the lounge with "trash everywhere" and the place being in disrepair. Perhaps you hit on a time between shifts, but I'd hope the new team got to work and quickly cleared up the mess their colleagues had failed to deal with.

I'm sorry if this reads like the post of a THY apologist. It isn't, and I'm not!