FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wasting points upgrading to First with infants.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:14 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by charlinator
Travel? Sure. Right to disturb others? Is that a right? If a middle-aged man howled at the other passengers, would he be allowed back on?
The poster is not simply arguing that there was a behaviour issue with a specific person - the post goes on about "Wasting points upgrading to First with infants" (title) and "What a waste of points and a much harder flight than say sitting beside their sons in Business Class"

Why someone wants to upgrade is up to them

i never said this, and neither did OP. It's yet another strawman. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard or read someone complaining about well-behaved children.
It is not a "stawman" - the OP started by deciding that it is a waste of points for these people to upgrade because he states that it would have been "much harder flight than say sitting beside their sons in Business Class and able to assist them with ease"

If he is arguing that a family group shouild not be upgrading, it is quite valid to point out that others would object to other groups - me, I think that those that want to drink should stay out of the cabin

However - if wanting to be able to restrict who sits in the cabin to those that are not wasting money/points by doing so, the solution is to book enough seats to do so;

It's the behavior, not the age. And the behavior is the fault of the parents. A crying baby? Not that big of a deal. You win some, you lose some. But a school-aged child screaming at the top of his lungs? There's no room in the F cabin for that.
If there is an issue - raise it with the cabin crew at the time. The individual behaviour of 1 person or group is not what the rant is on about but extrapolating out to it being a waste of points and that they should have stayed in business class ( and assumedly annoyed a larger group of people )

I take it that it is ok then for the child to screm at top of lungs in business and economy then? just not in 1st?

Which of the 5 and 6 year old boys in OP's post is an infant?
ask the OP - he titled the thread as "Wasting points upgrading to First with infants. "

Last edited by Dave Noble; Jul 21, 2017 at 12:23 pm