FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:53 pm
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Can someone give us what percentage people get their accounts re-instated?
Slim to none. Fair guess - less than 10%.

Surprisingly - Chase is very good doing its jobs in this case.

Originally Posted by loveflying88
He is only speculating the reason for closure since Chase did not tell him why. Right now, I think he is doing research by asking us for suggestions. I see no reason why you dont have any compassion on this.
It is apparently to me that OP is looking for a solution, not compassion.

Originally Posted by loveflying88
Before you suggest using a lawyer, I hope you should mention that it costs money hiring a lawyer. And unless he researches more about his case, it would be just a waste of money talking to a lawyer now.
Getting a lawyer will be very expensive if Chase does abuse me. Right now everything is going the way it is suppose to. So I'll wait and see what happpens.
ECOA awards attorney fees. If you have a good case, many consumer lawyers will take it without fees (assigning the fees when winning).

Maybe you can write a contract to make you believe extortion is legal, but it's not. I'm a practicing attorney, and I can assure you these charges are not legal and would never hold up in court. Extortion is never legal. I can put it in a contract between you and me, word it anyway I'd like, have you sign it, and I still cannot enforce it. There's a reason rental car companies do not pursue people who challenge them on these frivolous charges, and do not send you to a collections agency. Because they know they are not legal charges, and could probably lead to a lot worse of a situation for them than for you.
OP is all correct on this. FWIW - many rental car companies have been operating in a questionable business practices for some times.

Originally Posted by Happy
Habitual chargeback filers are flagged. There is no denying of it. While cjargeback is a legally protected right as somehone kept harping on it, if it is determined it is fraudulent chargeback, the law would NOT protect you because there is a malicious intention involved.
Thanks for agreeing with at least once.