FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cape Town Do: 15 September 2017
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:51 am
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Cool Cape Town Do: 15 September 2017

Hey Everyone, following on the discussion in the Discovery Vitality thread, it seems we have a healthy handful of FTers on here from the CPT area (who'd have known! Feels like it's all Brits half the time).

I would like to propose a get together/do/drinks for this September. We had an attempt at a DXB Do last year which unfortunately didn't work out, perhaps we can make it work at an outstation. In general if we can bring something like this into the EK Forum I think it'd be a nice addition to the friendly culture we've got going here (vs. the circling vultures over at BA ).

What I'm going to do is propose a few days of the week as well as dates, since I know Capetonians are very protective of their weekend social schedule:

Please reply with your preference for week:

- 1st week of September (Monday 4th - Sunday 10th)
- 3rd week of September (Monday 18th - Sunday 24th)

And your day of the week:

- Thursday
- Friday
- Saturday

As all of us in CPT know the 24th is National Braai Day (also known as Heritage Day), but I won't propose that day as I'm sure some would prefer to spend it with their family than some drunk frequent fliers... However a braai is also an option for an activity. Thus please also,

reply with your preference of activity (and if you have a venue in mind, mention that, too!):

- Braai (for non-SA peeps: a improved version of a barbecue, to qualify as a braai a minimum quantity of beer, brandy and/or wine must be consumed and there must be Boerewors)
- Dinner + drinks
- Just drinks
- something else (please suggest, examples: go-karting, hiking, etc)

A few ideas for venues (more drinks focused):

- 12 Apostles for sundowners
- Cafe Caprice (yeah I'm under 30, shoot me!)
- Beluga (more dinnerish)
- Ferryman's or Mitchell's (prefer the latter but can be a bit crowded and loud)
- Waiting Room (later in the night/more clubbish)
- Mother's Ruin (gin bar)

Let's see if we can make this work, would be really cool! Based on recent activity I'd expect a handful of people, but anyone who's available is welcome, so please respond if you are interested, even if you've not been a frequent poster on FT or the EK forum before.