FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:37 am
rdlmitedu

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Intercontinental Kyiv

What is your status
Platinum Ambassador

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked entry level room for 5 nights using points (30k/night). Received Deluxe or Club room (without club access) -- I think these are the same.

I asked if I could pay to upgrade from base to Deluxe myself (which had been previously reported as EUR 30/night delta at this specific hotel, and allowed here); it's now EUR 60, or there was miscommunication. Toured exec lounge and decided to pass.

How is the exec lounge
Less impressive than I'd expected; I didn't use it, but did visit at checkin (during the tour on the way to my room). Would be nice to have, and perhaps worth EUR 30, but not EUR 60.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Great hotel location. Comfortable international hotel standard room. Nice daily restocking of minibar. Housekeeping every day while was out at dinner on request (I was working from hotel room in the mornings). Staff pretty consistently spoke good English and were helpful. Nice Internet (no captive portal, and WPA2 encryption.) Room service food, especially salo, was quite good.

Bad:
In-room desk chair was pretty mediocre (I'd prefer something more adjustable and task/office chair style.)

Value for $ of Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It's expensive (and Kyiv is expensive, generally). Cash rates during my stay were EUR 400/night or so, so I used 30k points per night, which was a better value. Even still, that is fairly expensive.

My next stay I'll try the 11 Mirrors (since SPG is my primary program), but I'd be happy to stay at the IC as well.