FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London DTW Mistreatment
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:50 pm
DCADeltaRoadWarrior

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
London DTW Mistreatment

Hello -

So my wife and her mother were flying from LHR to DTW on 7/17. They were flying on award tickets.

They were seated in 1b/1c.

Neither are frequent travellers and neither had any experience in business class.

My wife and her mother were served a solid frozen salmon for her entree.

Her complaints were met with a rude remark about 'this is how its done'. The stuard refused to proactively talk to them for the rest of the flight.

Now -

Im a regular FT'er, so I know that the common response is going to be that 'surely something's up - My wife/mother and law were rude etc.

I frankly don't see that as likely.

I will note that the rest of their meal was satisfactory. No other complaints about the flights - other than this particular male FA ignoring them.

I heard this upon their landing and lost my mind and called the DM line and demanded compensation - was awarded 35k miles for each of them (70k total). So thats more than satisfactory as it relates to compensaton.

--

HOWERVER - shouldn't this FA get feedback? How do I make sure that they hear about this?

This is my mother and law's first trip to london and I don't appreciate this kind of treatment in a premium cabin.

--

Can anyone give me constructive feedback? (Again - I want NO more miles/monetary compensation)

Thank you in advance!