FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Speculation] SQ221/SQ232 will receive the new A380 suites from Jan 2018
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:24 am
OptionsCLE

[Speculation] SQ221/SQ232 will receive the new A380 suites from Jan 2018

This is just a theory for now, but I'm pretty certain that SQ has already allocated the new A380 to SQ221 (SIN-SYD) and SQ232 (SYD-SIN) beginning January 1, 2018.

Looking in the GDS I noticed something strange happen a few weeks ago. Inventory was reduced to no more than R6 on both 221 and 232. Most days have fewer as there are already bookings on those flights, but not a single day in January, February or March (that's all I checked) is selling more than six suites. Since we already know that the new suites will be three rows of 1-1, it looks like SQ may have pulled down the inventory on those two flights so that they don't oversell the new cabin.

As of now, the seat map still shows the old arrangement, but see the attachments below which I think make a compelling case that they've made the switch from 1/1/2018. I searched for 7 first class seats on SQ232. There are a few days in December where there weren't that many for sale, but almost all days in Nov-Dec were available. Beginning January 1, not a single date... That's not the case for SQ222 (the later A380 flight, and unfortunately it's the one that I'm currently booked on) which is still selling a full complement of suites.

For those of you looking to redeem miles, there are plenty of days left in 2018 with Saver availability. It's still speculative, but I think there's a good chance that you'll be riding on the new plane.
Attached Images