FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded full fare rather that 2-4-1!
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:05 pm
Alun

Downgraded cash booking rather that 2-4-1!

Just returned from a rather chequered trip to Antigua. I was travelling on a 2-4-1 voucher with my wife as my companion in club as my two daughters were joining me they were both on separate bookings which made for a bit of a logistical nightmare trying to get seats together etc. Managed to get ourselves seated in the first part of the plane outbound which was in 4 class configuration.

The return leg was overbooked and t T-24 checked myself and wife (2-4-1) first sat together then my eldest daughter (BA staff discounted hotline seat) and on checking my youngest daughter (full price ticket) in the system claimed to be unable to process it and to check in at the airport. On arrival to check in at T-3 we were told it was overbooked and my youngest (15yrs) was put on standby. She eventually was seated in WTP 12B on the 3 class layout. There was no question of asking for volunteers and no priority assessments made I guess down to incompetence at the ANU end, so foolishly they managed to downgrade the highest paying of our group and land themselves with an EU261 bill they will struggle to contest rather than a no avios for the 2-4-1 companion they are apparently keen to try these days. so hope for other 2-4-1 passengers in a similar position.

The VOD outbound was not functioning but I've decided to let that one lie til they've sorted the more pressing downgrade issue

Last edited by Alun; Jul 17, 2017 at 3:28 pm