FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:57 pm
NLaumann

I am a globalist/diamond and currently staying here at the Andaz Maui using cash and points with suite upgrade. The suite upgrade is good for a pool suite room.
This is our fourth year here. We have been coming here since the property opened. We love this property for the globalist/diamond breakfast and pool suite. Our kids especially love the swim up pool to the suite. We usually split our stay in Maui between the Hyatt Regency (which we also love) and the Andaz.
If anyone has questions about the property, I am happy to answer if I can. I can try to find out for you, if I don't know the answer.

New for this year, the pool room suite has a new full size pull out sofa which can sleep two. You also have the option of requesting a roll away or crib.

It has gotten harder each year to find cash and points availability. I usually look a year in advance starting now. For 2018, I briefly saw cash and points for 4 nights the 2nd week of June. Otherwise, there is plenty of full point stays (25,000 points) for the summer of 2018. I will most likely book a full point stay for the next year.

The in house reservation staff said they no longer have the ability to book suite upgrades for globalists. WOH are the only ones who can do this now.

Just wanted to thank the forum for your wealth of information over the years. It's allowed our family to create some great memories in Maui.

Thank you Canyonleo for the parking option. It is saving our family $390 this vacation. Also it encourages us to take strolls along the beach at night for star gazing which is beautiful.

If you are on the fence about staying here, try it. You will love the breathtaking ocean front views/pools, some of the best sunsets IMHO and great snorkeling right off the beach. We have made some lifelong friends here with the Andaz staff. They have gone far and beyond our expectations to make us feel welcome here.