FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Outrageous TSA employee acts like SS officer
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:37 am
SpinOn2

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Semi-rant here. Not an injustice like, but really ticked me off.

I am rushing into JFK terminal 8 yesterday with about 15 min before my flt closes. My own fault, as I was transferring from LGA, something I have done many times in 2 hrs, but today was unfortunate for delays.

Of course my bag gets sent to the side for manual inspection nonsense. Already irritating enough as a Global Entry Member with TSA Pre, and a security access level clearance for airport ramps/planes up until last year when I left the airlines industry. But regardless they have to do their job so it is what it is. I asked the TSA guy if he could check mine first as the lady before me did not mind, and I was going to miss soon. The guy looked up at me, and did not even reply. Then they start moving even slower. He definitely heard me. So now I am irritated, this time I said "Hello I am asking you a question at least have the decency to respond". Again, he ignores me and starts talking to his colleague like I don't exist.

Then I was livid. I know it's not their fault I was behind, but to treat people like you are their superiors, like they are below even a response when asked a simple question, that does not fly with me. I let my anger get the best of me and definitely had some words for them

Thankfully I did a dead sprint to the other side and made my flt with 1 min to spare.

I am sick of these TSA people who have an authority complex, especially considering how horrible they actually are at stopping things getting thru.