FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked in F, equipment swap to a plane without F
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:29 am
Exterous

Originally Posted by Often1
Beyond unlikely that UA refunds the purchase price for the miles. When you file for your refund, you might point out the added inconvenience and UA might throw some smallish customer service gesture your way.

While I would not expect the 3-class to return, I would also hold off on seeking a refund of the miles until after you return. Unlikely doesn't mean impossible.
Originally Posted by tuolumne
IPTE 772 isn't coming back on that route.

The 787 is a great plane, but while I find the sCO J seat mostly fine on the 777, on the 787 it's dimensions are smaller b/c of the fuselage. I find the window seats almost claustrophobic since you face inwards towards the windows. It's definitely a far cry from an IPTE F Suite, IMO. I even prefer the 2-2-2 C seat on the 767-300ER 3-class (which is even narrower), because it doesn't feel as clauatraphobic (and of course is longer in length).

So in sum, try and get a center seat, or better yet, center bulkhead.
Thanks guys! Normally I like windows but I always try for the center bulkhead seats on United's 789

Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer
When these schedule changes happen, I have heard that United proactively contacts customers within a week of the change. Maybe you can wait for that to happen?
I don't know if I've ever gotten an email from United about a plane swap although I certainly don't fly them as much as many on here.

It would be nice to at least say "Hey your booked class no longer exists so you have no seats assigned". At least I was lucky and 1D/E were available despite an almost half full J.