FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE HELP! Incident on Delta 1343 LAX - DTW
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:18 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
It might help if you were clear about what your goal or hope in posting the thread is. There's only one FT user account I'm aware of that posts even occasionally in an official capacity representing Delta and it's mostly limited to posting about technical issues with the web site or app. For legal paranoia/liability reasons I doubt they would ever comment publicly on this sort of thread.

So if you are pursuing compensation, posting here isn't going to have much of an effect. Submit a complaint from the web site. Be succinct and polite. If the facts are on your side (not saying they are or aren't) then that's the most likely avenue of success IMO.

Perhaps not intentionally but the way you have written things makes it sounds like you are omitting details, and lots of FT stories start this way and as more and more details come out it turns out the originally-omitted details are not favorable to the OP's point of view. Maybe not what's going on here, but again, worth considering.

In your first post you said "grabbed it and forcibly moved [the luggage]". In your later post you said "moved her luggage to the other side of the overhead bin". When you said "forcibly" the first time did you just mean without asking first? Or did you mean, with force. You said there were fragile items so I can understand being concerned about someone else handling the bag but it's unclear whether you mean it was slammed around, caused breakage, etc.

Maybe the FA simply wanted to rearrange bags around to make room for people who boarded later.

It's kinda hard to believe it went from just reaarranging luggage, to threatening to remove a passenger for a phone call.