FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Blu or Radisson (was Park Inn now Radisson Red) at Oslo Airport?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:19 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO the Radisson Blu would make sense if you get lounge access (I'm assuming that this one has a lounge) and your travel hours permit taking advantage of the lounge. Otherwise, for just a simple overnight stay between flights, spending fewer points on the Park Inn would make sense. You don't mention the time of the year for your trip, but if both of them involve a small walk outdoors, it's hard to see a big difference in location.
IIRC this is like most Radissons in the US and Europe in that it has no exec lounge. Maybe this hotel now includes breakfast for all, but I can't recall any lounge access as a Gold at the Radisson OSL. The Park Inn OSL includes breakfast for all room guests; it has no lounge.

The Radisson OSL is more convenient to get the trains to/from the city than the Park Inn, something to consider for some.

When I've walked to the Radisson in winter, I've never had to deal with enough of a bad path/major ice problem when carting luggage on a wheeled cart to be memorable. The Park Inn, is a different story, as I had such issue with ice; but now more of the path is better covered than used to be the case when the hotel opened.

The Park Inn is a much younger hotel than the Radisson.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 16, 2017 at 4:24 am