FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - new elite benefits at BW
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:34 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fyd
Has anybody actually received any of these benefits? I had several recent stays - got nothing...
Originally Posted by eajusa
I'm Diamond and just spent 4 nights at West Yellowstone. I didn't get even a mention of any of these benefits.
I'm confused about what you're asking. 10% discount on free night redemptions doesn't apply to paid stays, obviously. Free night availability doesn't come into play unless the hotel is highly booked (and then has to be done over the phone, as noted above), and also doesn't apply to paid stays. Free night redemptions counting toward elite status don't apply to paid stays, obviously.

So what do mean by "any of these" benefits? The only benefit above you should expect on paid stays is either a welcome gift or bonus points. And lately I keep getting (duplicates of) emails from BW telling me that as Diamond I've just received 500 bonus points from (and then email gets cut off half the time before it can tell me the hotel name ). And those 500 points do actually post. But I don't remember if any of the hotels asked me if I wanted the bonus points or a welcome gift, though if they had I would have asked for the bonus points I'm pretty sure, so it's hard for me to be sure in retrospect.

So I have been getting the only expected benefit of 500 bonus points per stay as a Diamond (actually Diamond Select), but I haven't been getting asked consistently whether I want that or a welcome gift, I just get it "silently". But per that link that's not new for Diamond, it's only new for Gold (and should have been there for Plat, Diamond, and Diamond Select earlier already).

So you guys need to explain which elite level you are (one's Diamond but the other?) and specifically which of these elite status benefits you think you should be getting but aren't getting?

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 14, 2017 at 9:43 pm