FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA First class- 777, 787, or A380?
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:44 am
gustavmahler

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by MickV
My ranking:
1. 789. 787 is a great plane. Feel so much better coming off it. New seat is a good improvement. 8 seats seems a little more exclusive.

2. 380. More space. Better food. Feel better coming of it than a 777 or 747.

3. 777. More space than 747

4. 747. Cramped. Take 4/6 seats out and replace with a mix of a380 space and 789 seat and it would be superb.

It's all F though so no real hardship.
I have only flown a handful of F sectors (mainly 777 but also 789 and twice on the 744), and am excited about trying the A380 in December (NYE back from MIA!). The 789 was a great experience - I loved the space and the screen. I can see how the seat was designed for a 777, where the buddy seat in the middle pairs is actually pretty decent. When the cabin has been half full, crew have a few times suggested we dine together in say 2F when our seats were 2/3K. I tried the 744 for the first time on a day flight earlier this year, and the buddy seat was a bit comedy for dining.

However, like you said - it's all F! Having only flown F on BA I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I have really enjoyed it every time, on whatever plane. Only being able to fly First on a 241 or UuA on a cheap ex-EU fare, I'm not exactly their target audience, though, and feel extremely lucky to be there.