FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying 'weird' airlines through Delta.com
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:29 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Buying 'weird' airlines through Delta.com

So, I was totally unaware of Book With Matrix until I saw a post in this thead: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28552127-post20.html.

Talk about cool.

I've spent some time playing around with options, including multi-stops involving 'weird' airline combinations. By 'weird' I mean non-Delta partner airlines and non-Sky Team member airlines. In each instance I was able to book through Delta.com.

I've seen this before on United.com, which has presented me with connection possibilities on Delta. But I don't think I could otherwise book a ticket on Delta.com involving a non-Delta partner airline or non-Sky Team member airline without the hack from Book With Matrix.

This raises a lot of questions, in my mind anyways.

I realize Delta has lots of interline agreements, including with many competing airlines.

Has anyone done this before? Have you experienced problems at all? I could imagine issues with baggage allowance or fees. And what about seat assignments?

Book with Matrix via Delta.com could really, really open up a lot of possibilities. Like flying through LHR, AMS and CDG to get to KUL, BKK or SIN.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Jul 12, 2017 at 1:36 pm