FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:59 am
kroozer

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Your new Prestige was opened well past 24 months of your prior apps. Did your approval letter actually say you are "ineligible for the bonus offer"? Or are you just assuming that because it didn't list a bonus being associated with making the min spnd?

I was intending to apply for another TYPs card when my 24 months are up in August, but sure won't do that if there is no longer a bonus if you have a card open. But AFAIK the T/C don't say that. Up until now, if you met the official T/Cs for an app, you always got the bonus. I'd hate to think Citi is stopping that practice.

Edit: Just saw the posted links to your earlier post that makes it clear that all you know is that your approval letter did not mention a bonus (ie did not state ineligibility).
I'm trusting the common wisdom here that if approval notice doesn't mention the bonus than there will be no bonus. I have not read anywhere that any Citi CSR will manually post the bonus if the computer doesn't post it after spend is completed. I've had a TY Prestige (different family member) bonus denied earlier after $5K spend (my mistake soon after 24 mo rule was activated), and don't want to pay for MS to meet the spend when bonus chances are slim.

One interesting data point is that my AF for 1st TY Prestige bills only on 7/15/2017 even though account was opened on 5/27/2015. Upon research I found that initially $450 AF was billed on 6/15/2015, then refunded and $350 AF billed on 7/15/2015 statement (due to Citigold checking account opened end June 2015). Since then the anniversary date is set to 7/15 every year.

Due to lack of any other evidence, I'm suspecting that the 24-month rule starts count from the anniversary date (AF billing statement date) and not from the actual application submission date 2+ years ago.

Can anyone share their experience (with dates) of getting the 2nd bonus 24 months after 1st bonus within same card family (using standard application with 24 mo language)?