FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:38 pm
AirLokita

Programs: OpenTable VIP!
IC San Francisco

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 1 King Bed Premier View (floors 25 -30). Ultimately received 1 King Bed corner (connecting) room on the 15th floor. This was a non-upgrade in my opinion.

How are the rooms?
Comfortable, albeit a bit small. Lots of light, wraparound windows are nice. As others have mentioned, the furniture seems a bit out of touch with the overall aesthetic of the hotel. No closet in the particular room, which is surprising at this price point.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good - Greeted as an Ambassador and offered a comp drink at the very nice lobby bar as the room wasn't ready at 4:15 or so. It was all downhill from there.

Bad - Where to begin? As mentioned, the room wasn't ready at check in around 4:15 PM. No prob, although I had a 5:30 date. Very nice front desk person comped me a drink and brought me the room key in the bar. Went to room on floor 22 only to discover it was still very occupied -- really glad I didn't actually walk in on anyone. Went back to lobby where they apologized and offered me breakfast for the next day. No real explanation about what went wrong. No problem. Now they give me the key to a connecting corner room on the 15th floor. Bathroom still had dirty facecloths in it, but was otherwise unoccupied. Not ideal, but I had to run out before dealing with it.

Now - even though I'd reserved a high floor room, I was "upgraded" to a corner king on the 15th. In hindsight I should have just asked them to honor my original reservation. Of course the welcome amenity didn't follow my room changes.

First world problems, I know, but not what I asked for and the experience left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It probably would have been an OK value for dollars (~$280) for the room I originally requested. For the room I got? No way. Given my experience, I'd have to be inebriated and compensated to stay at this hotel again.