FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Urgent help please Brussels airlines to BA delay
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:45 pm
LordBuckethead
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by RaoulM
This is the precise reason I stopped flying BA - a complete lack of courtesy or concern and a willingness to keep my money for services not provided.

Plans sometimes change and you need to add a standalone flight from LHR to MAN - BA's unwillingness to even consider flexibility in their rebooking policy was what annoyed me. After the second time I was caught out and left hanging talking to someone in India I decided to boycott BA going forward.
With respect, we're talking here about a completely separate airline, not the same one and not even a member of the same alliance. I think it's fair for them to say no - after all, this is what insurance is for.

If it had been a late BA inbound (or even a OW partner, especially if a codeshare exists and therefore the flights are linked commercially) I would expect them to look a bit more favourably. Not saying it's guaranteed in any case, but I'd like to think that even in its current state, BA would at least consider helping out.