FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA: We paid extra! Couple demands crying baby move, FA hangs tough
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:52 am
Kevin AA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
I've never really understood why people get mad about crying babies on planes.
Do they think that the parents are poking it with needles in an intentional plot to disturb other passengers??

I can understand if someone is watching a movie or playing a game without headphones. That is a valid complaint. I can understand people being irritated by a barking dog. That is a valid complaint.

The world is noisy. If you don't travel with headphones and/or earplugs, then that's on you.

Kudos to this flight crew.

(posted from seat 14D on a 738 midcon flight where the pax in 13D (EXP, mind you) had a hissy fit about the pax in 12D reclining her seat)
They don't think that babies should be on airplanes at all. Or in restaurants. Basically anywhere but at home. Thankfully most parents are not close-minded like that. Keeping your children at home and never interacting with the outside world is what the Duggars do, and now that half of them are grown up, the evidence is clear -- they all suffer from emotional immaturity.

In other words, keeping your kids isolated from society will PREVENT them from growing up, resulting in "child-like" adults who cannot function independently. Sad.