FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I Thought Delta was better than this
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:44 am
bigbuy

Originally Posted by javabytes
Must be something in the air. See this very similar thread from the AA forum posted recently: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ot-refund.html

Long story short:

1) If your husband's contract admins messed up his name, they own that, not Delta.

2) Non-refundable tickets, including award tickets, carry a change fee if you modify them. You are no stranger to Delta, so this is not news. If you held PM status or above, you'd get that fee waived for award tickets. Absent that, expect to pay. Fares (whether cash or miles) can go up or down after you buy. Delta doesn't come ask you for more miles if the fare goes up after you buy. Nor do I suspect you ask Amazon/your local grocery store/etc. to give you money back after your purchase.
As a former grocer, the following would happen. Customer returns item for a full refund and repurchases at lower price. There is no fee to customer for giving refund. This is also what would happen at Amazon.
More amazing is Costco. You have 30 days to get a refund of the price difference if the price of the item you bought goes down. Again, no fee to customer.
I'm not taking up for poster, just stating the facts.