FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I Thought Delta was better than this
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:29 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Well, cutting through the rhetoric (including my own), the bottom line is you requested a fee waiver that Delta does not waive for any level of member, and you escalated that 4 times to supervisors. Nicely enough as you say, but you did persist.

If you have never had a change fee waived, you are a rare species here. I see some folks bragging about having change fees waived on a semi regular basis. (Which rather astounds me, but perhaps they ask very well.)

I only ever had one change fee waived, and that was to attend a funeral. And there was still an additional fare collect, so I didn't get off scott free.

When cut to the chase, OP is asking (and maybe not so politely) for a fee waiver. With the fee waiver OP could redeposit the miles and repurchase the tickets.

Yes it is a $750 fee waiver request, but a waiver none the less. (If the cheaper tickets are still available. They may be gone with the wind, or may have even gone down a bit more.)

David
I'm not exactly sure what I'm being accused of here, hypocrisy?

Anyway, while OP is technically seeking a fee waiver, what they really are trying to obtain is a refund on the price difference. I still think this is a quite different circumstance than most fee waiver begs. Also, if it makes any difference, I was paying a large fare difference rather than getting something back.