FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I Thought Delta was better than this
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:00 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I am rather amused that OP as a general member should suck it up and pay the change fees, but it's okay for a PM to raise a ruckus over a $50 ERC fee.

Or I am just being obtuse?

David
I take your point, but I think the distinction is finer here. OP is trying to recoup a large number miles while not actually changing or cancelling flights, essentially asking for a future-price guarantee on plane tickets.

In my case that was the first and only time I've ever asked for waived fees with Delta and I did it because I needed to change a ticket that I had no option but to book through an external agent. And I didn't make a ruckus and didn't post angrily about the process on FlyerTalk, I just politely asked until I got what I wanted. HUCA is very widely accepted here and I've never heard it equated to a ruckus before.

There is much advice here on getting fee waivers for anybody from general members to DMs and I don't begrudge the granting of fee waivers to anybody in almost every circumstance. Simply getting miles back on an award ticket is a different matter. Airline pricing is dynamic unless you buy Y/J/F fares. We all play the waiting game and sometimes we win and sometimes we lose.