FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I Thought Delta was better than this
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:53 am
DiverDave

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by C W
Delta's $150 fee per ticket to redeposit an award ticket is published and easy to find. This is what you were offered to be charged. You would have in effect been redepositing all your tickets and then repurchasing them at the lower price. Change fees are the simple reality of any non-refundable airfare.
Originally Posted by C W
I think it's also important to note that the ERC is one of the hardest fees to get waived, even for Medallions. The only time I wanted it waived I had to HUCA and escalate to talking directly to supervisors 4 times, and that was as a PM dealing with a paid international Delta One ticket.
I am rather amused that OP as a general member should suck it up and pay the change fees, but it's okay for a PM to raise a ruckus over a $50 ERC fee.

Or I am just being obtuse?

Originally Posted by Often1
I get that nobody likes penalty fees, but they are there as a revenue protection measure to prevent day-trading in tickets and to differentiate the fully refundable/changeable fares from discounted (including award) tickets.
^^ And that is the reality, because contrary to the statements in this thread award tickets are refundable. You can get your miles back.

David