FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where Are They Now? (Old BMI forum)
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:25 am
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
In the early days after the takeover, a lot of the established BA crew would comment on just how much their BD colleagues had brought to the party, something that epitomised the airline so many of us loved. I'm lucky enough to still see the logo regularly because of my work proximity to the runway at NWI, where Regional operate flights to ABZ, and it still brings a pang of nostalgia. Like others, Diamond Club gave me my first trips in F, including the TG lounge at BKK. Sadly it was one of the few financial bright spots for the company, and the demise was entirely, and painfully, predictable ...

The forum also gave me my first DO, at the ubiquitous Glasshouse Stores, where I learnt so much - mostly about drinking, to be fair, with the resident experts present in the form of Goldcircle and Oxon Flyer .

Joanna is no longer working in the airline industry, but did open an account here to say goodbye after she left Donnington Hall. Keeley Downing did the same - "Hugsandkisses" was an inspired choice!

So, if ever anyone fancies resurrecting the final DO we never had, I'm sure some of us would turn up for old times' sake ...