FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same-day Airport Standby on Business Class Rewards
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:38 am
Wpgjetse
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I'm flying YYC–YYZ–MCO today on a business class reward ticket. The SE agent at the YYC priority check-in refused to put me on standby for an earlier YYC–YYZ flight because she insisted that the rules for Business Class (lowest) applied, and that I could only standby in the western triangle (YYC, YEG, YVR) or eastern Rapidair routes (YYZ, YOW, YUL). I told her my understanding is that Business Class (flexible) applies and I should be able to standby for any flight (as has always been my experience in the past).

Which is correct? If the latter, what documentation can I provide to show that same-day standby is allowable on any flight for business class rewards?
First, there is no such thing as a SE agent. J or business class award tickets are not flexible as full fare J. They are booked in low J. You can fly standby on these tickets, but You have not provided enough info. Are you talking about getting confirmed J on a eArlier flight? If so, the agent is correct, and you can't fly standby for a earlier flight. You can standby for a earlier flight in Y and be put on the upgrade list. All award tickets on the upgrade list are the last to be upgraded.