FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concierge Lounge Closed due to low Occupancy
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:03 am
general45
Original Member

Every year we meet with friends at the Cleveland Ritz Carlton and splurge for concierge floor rooms. 2 1/2 weeks before this years stay I received an email saying that the lounge was under renovation and would not be available on the evening of our stay.
I immediately called the Cleveland Renaissance and was told that lounge floor rooms were indeed available so I booked the 2 rooms online and cancelled my reservations at the Ritz.
When we arrived at the hotel, I was informed that the lounge was closed because of low occupancy. I did not receive any notification at all. Instead I was given a $10.00 voucher for the bar and a slightly lower room rate. When I got to the room I checked online reservations and found that they were still selling lounge access rooms at the higher rate for that evening. (they also do this on weekends when a lot of lounges are closed which is another story in itself) That's bait and switch in my book
This has happened to me at the Wentworth in New Hampshire when they had a lounge a few years back (they offered me 1 appetizer to share for my wife and I and no rate reduction) and a couple of times at Marriott properties in Massachusetts and Washington DC-no rate reduction, just a lot of "we're sorry for the inconvenience".