FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade on Aeroplan J ticket
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:32 pm
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Upgrade on Aeroplan J ticket

(I'm sure there are threads on this subject but I can't find one, so mods, please feel free to move.)

My brother is scheduled to fly DFW-YYZ-YOW tomorrow, returning in a week. All segments were booked into J except for the YYZ-YOW flight tomorrow which is in Y. He's on AC474 and the J cabin has 9 out of 9 seats available per Expert Flyer.

I called AE and agent said there is still no award space on the flight and he should check at the desk in DFW or YYZ for an upgrade. I doubt the agent in DFW will have a clue, so I guess that leaves YYZ. His connection is only 1h10m so I'm concerned he won't be there very early to request this.

I also called AC and the agent there insists that if he wants to fly in J, he will be given an opportunity to pay for an upgrade at check-in.

Can someone confirm the correct procedure for him to get his upgrade on YYZ-YOW? I know it's not a long flight, but we did pay 50K miles for the ticket and since the cabin is empty, it would be nice to get J on all segments. TIA