FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any chance getting to Polanco in 1.5 hrs from MEX internation flight?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:27 am
bdh

Programs: DL PM, UA PM
Just an update for everyone, we ended up making our reservation, but just barely. Our flight into MEX got delayed about 30 minutes, so we had roughly 1 hour to make it from the gate to the restaurant. We were in the front of the plane and walked quickly to immigration, so when we got there there was absolutely no one in line ahead of us and we were through immigration in 3 minutes (definitely got lucky there).

The queue for a taxi was about 20 minutes according to the guy working the booth, so we got an Uber, which took maybe 10-15 minutes. Then, with traffic it took maybe 45 minutes to drive to Polanco. We ended up at the restaurant 10 minutes late for our reservation, but there were no problems getting seated (I called from the Uber to say we'd be late).

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If your reservation is for 9:45, how late can you arrive and still be seated? (What's the custom for fine dining in Mexico?) Also, at what time is last order or, in other words if you arrive very late and still get your table, will you be rushed to decide very quickly? (I would hope that a good restaurant wouldn't do this, but at times I've had to negotiate by saying that I've already decided or that I won't order every course.)
We were told we were too late to order the tasting menu (though I think even if we were on time for our reservation we'd have been too late since they stop offering it at 9:30), but at no point did we feel rushed ordering from the a la carte menu. We ordered starters, entrees, and desserts, and they also brought out three other small courses in between the courses we'd ordered. By the time we left (maybe 11:30ish) things were definitely winding down and most of the tables were empty, but there were still a few other tables that hadn't finished yet.

Last edited by bdh; Jul 5, 2017 at 10:38 am