FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya {RUS}
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2004, 7:45 pm
Eugene

Originally Posted by Snoopy
There's a relatively unflattering review of the Sheraton in Moscow over on the Starwoood Forum right now, particularly with regards to upgrades for status....
Yes, I read that thread in the Starwood Forum. When I posted the above about Sheraton in Moscow, I was not talking about chances of getting a status-based upgrade, but rather simply about an opportunity to get a stay credit. Also, my statement about Sheraton Moscow being much better than the Radisson there is as valid now as it was when I first posted it a year and a half ago...

I also want to chime in agreement with the previous posters on the ranking of Moscow hotels. Park Hyatt Ararat would be my first choice (provided cost is not a factor), followed by Marriott Aurora (located within 5 minutes walking distance from Park Hyatt), then Marriott Grand. I have not seen the insides of Baltchug Kempinski, so no personal opinion on that one.

Radisson Slavyanskaya and Renaissance would be on the bottom of my list of major Western chain hotels in Moscow, both location wise and quality of accomodation.