Old Jul 4, 17, 11:37 am
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
The hotel I choose this time in Tokyo was located at Tokyo bay (Hilton) and considering the late time, I had to use the monorail and JR line to reach it, until the Maihama station (During the day, some limousine bus services run between HND airport and Tokyo bay). I figured out later that Tokyo bay was basically another name for… Disneyland Tokyo, and that my hotel was in the middle of it ! A shuttle bus, full of kids dressed as mickey mouse, runs every 15-20 minutes between the JR Maihama station and the hotel.

Some day views…

The hotel was quite crowded that evening, and I went straight to the priority check in desk to complete the formalities. A free beverage and premium wifi coupons were provided.

Since the hotel manager contacted me a couple days before arrival to ask if I had special requests and I mentioned I would appreciate a late check-out, I was given a late check-out until 6pm for free (I am HH Diamond). The room I got was a park view king bed room at the last floor. It was quite big.

Near the hotel is a baywalk, where I took some night pictures of Tokyo (as far as I could see with the DSLR though…)

Nothing else special to mention about this hotel, besides the fact it did have an executive lounge (not mentioned on the Hilton website) with evening canapés and breakfast in the morning. Talking about breakfast, one of the benefit of being Hilton Honors Diamond is to have free breakfast, in the lounge or at the restaurant. I opted for the buffet at the restaurant. It was quite crowded in the morning but was promptly given a table thanks to the priority lane for status card holders, also at the restaurant.
Here below are some pictures of the lounge, note that the hilton app does not mention that this hotel has a lounge…

The hotel also seels airport limousine bus tickets and got one for 2300 JPY to get to NRT on the monday evening. I would recommend future travellers to take a look to the bus schedules before as there are only several departures to NRT and HND a day.
At the end it was a nice hotel, reasonably priced for Tokyo standards (I paid around 15000 JPY), but maybe a bit remote from the center of Tokyo (about 30-45 minutes with the JR line)