FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPS, SDC, and Mileage Upgrade Instruments
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:58 am
ElliottMB

Programs: DL PM
IRROPS, SDC, and Mileage Upgrade Instruments

Hi all,

Flying back to the states today from Heathrow to Minneapolis, originally via IAD. IAD flight posted a 2hr delay overnight which would've caused me to miss my connection. UA proactively put me on an 8am IAD-MSP flight the following day, but there were numerous options via IAH and ORD. The catch - I had upgraded into R with miles + copay and there was now no R space available.

I couldn't change online (system only saw the first flight, I assume because the new IAD-MSP flight was the following day) so called in. I knew they wouldn't open up R on the new flight, but was surprised when the agent told me because of the schedule change they couldn't honor the upgrade and that miles + copay would be most likely redeposited. Is this right? Should I HUACA? The new routing is booked in Y vs. my original K fare, does that change things?

I also have a (close to zero) mileage balance now, so I don't have the option of re-requesting the upgrade and sorting the numbers/redeposits out later. Woe is me I suppose

Thanks for any and all advice!