Old Jul 3, 17, 11:44 am
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Chapter 3 : Welcome in Hokkaido !

One of the most convenient and affordable way to travel from and to Japanese airports is to use Limousine bus services, which is what I did to reach my hotel in the Susukino district of Sapporo. It took about an hour and 10 minutes to reach my destination as there was a bit of traffic for the price of 1030 JPY (approx 8 Euros).

The hotel I choose in Sapporo was the Holiday Inn Susukino, located in the heart of the entertainement district of Sapporo. It is located walking distance from most of the popular downtown tourist attractions as well as to a metro station. Besides the location, the reason I choose to stay at this property was because I was missing one hotel night to complete the accelerate promotion I had on my IHG rewards club account. Therefore, besides being a mileage run, this trip was also somehow a mattress run .
I arrived a bit before 2 pm and check in was smooth, a room located at the 9th and last floor was given to me. The room was very small (maybe smaller than the night before) but functional. Wifi worked just fine and complimentaty bottle of water was provided.

Besides the downtown and Susukino area, the few touristic hotspots I would recommend to visit were the Sapporo beer museum, the mount Moiwa and to get some lunch at the fish market, Hokkaido being famous for their seafood, such as crab, scallops and salmon. Here below are some pictures, please feel free to comment if you want more details !