FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dual passport holder entering UK on foreign passport
Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:26 pm
ahmetdouas

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Pocalypse
I wasn't born in the UK, so might not have that issue. Did they let you in in the end?
Originally Posted by Pocalypse
I'm a dual UK/Israeli passport holder living abroad. I have a need to be in the UK for about 2 weeks, in order to give my UK passport to the US embassy for a visa. I won't have it for 5-10 business days (have to assume 10). I would like to leave and come back to the UK during this time.

Will I be able to enter the UK on my Israeli passport? If so, should I tell them I'm a UK citizen? Only if they ask?

I would only be in the UK less than two weeks, so not worried about visa length of stay etc if entering on the Israeli passport.

I understand that, unlike the US, there's no law requiring a UK citizen to enter on their UK passport, but the whole thing seems sketchy to me.

Any advice is appreciated.
A risky move in my opinion, they may not like it at the border. I don't know if it is the law in the UK, pretty sure it is in the US though, as in US citizens MUST use their US passports when exiting and entering the US.

If I were you and travel so often, I would make sure I have 2 UK passports, so I can have one sitting at the embassy and the other to travel with.

In my case, because I am only a UK citizen, this would be my only option anyway!