FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Week-end in Japan ! - AMS-DOH-HND/NRT-DOH-AMS (QR J 773/772/787) + HND-CTS (JL F 772)
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:40 pm
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
We landed at 6 O’clock and taxied for about 10 minutes. It took another 8 minutes to have the 2 jet bridges connected, so we disembarked at 6.18 at gate E2. There were a few QR ground staff waiting for some passengers with signs, but nothing for me, despite the 40 min connection to HND. Escalator up was not operational and I had to walk/run for a good 10 minutes until security, were I waited about 3 minutes to clear security at the business class lane. The screens after security were displaying that it was the final call for QR812 to HND... Gate E24 ! (For the ones who are not familiar with DOH, this is the opposite of where the transfer security check occurs, and literally next to the aircraft where I was on from AMS…).

I used the automatic train to reach the E gates and was physically at the gate E24 (a bus gate) at 06.38 suffocating from my ride… Just to be informed by the gate agent : « Sir we haven’t boarded yet… » Indeed… passengers were still seated in the terminal. Which brings me the following question : Why on earth do you indicate this is a final call if you still did not start the boarding process ? Boarding eventually started 10 min later with priority for business class passengers who accessed a different bus. After a 1 minute and half bus ride we boarded the aircraft. It was 6.55…