FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer in Jeddah or Riyadh with SV
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:05 pm
KL803

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by nullchain
I would recommend researching whether the "new" airport terminal at JED is open or not - if it is, I would choose that (and report back with pics!). The "old" JED terminal and Saudia lounge are tired, crowded, and lacked privacy, although the food served was excellent.

I've only heard through relatives that Riyadh has a much better lounge, but I don't have first hand experience.

EDIT: Transfer at JED was painless except for the tired layout. The "old" airport involved for me tarmac parking and bussing to and from the terminal.
Completely agree with nullchain. The RUH lounge is much better than the on in JED. The food in both lounges is pretty good. Transit in RUH is less pain than in JED, you only walk to a transfer desk, show your passport and boarding pass then walk through basic security. Skypriority is strictly enforced which is a great plus. You should be from aircraft to lounge in no time.

JED is similar but they will give you transfer cards for immigration which you should fill out before departing again . The lounge is indeed crowded and noisy, also plugs to charge your electronics are lacking.

In both lounges there's acceptable WiFi connection, there are also Apple workstations if you need one. There are boarding calls in all lounges, which after a while are quite nerve racking . In the RUH lounge there are three slumber cabins where you can lay down if you have a longer layover. If you want to sleep there, bring ear plugs or noise cancelling headsets as the boarding calls are quite loud.

Again, if you travel later this year, the new JED terminal might be operational which would indeed be a much better experience.