Old Jul 2, 17, 6:35 am
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Week-end in Japan ! - AMS-DOH-HND/NRT-DOH-AMS (QR J 773/772/787) + HND-CTS (JL F 772)

Hi !

For my first time flying on Qatar Airways, and also since this is my first mileage run/TP run on BAEC, I thought I would write a trip report over this experience. Being an aviation enthusiast, it certainly helps…
Back last January, when QR decided to start their bi-yearly travel festival, I managed to find a hidden gem in the middle of all the offers, and that, thanks to my Google flight alerts for different destinations in the system. Living currently in the south of the Netherlands, my 2 airports of choice were AMS and BRU and I therefore booked a 5 day trip between Amsterdam and Japan, via Doha for an unbeatable price of… 625 Euros, taxes included, in business class... Unfortunately, no options were available anymore from BRU (BRU-DOH is operated by their new 787, while the AMS-DOH leg is operated on a 777-300).

This trip report will include the following :

- QR business class AMS-DOH, operated on a 777-300
- A fast transit in DOH (no lounge visit this time)
- QR business class DOH-HND, operated on a 787-800
- Overnight stay at the Tokyo Haneda Excel Tokyu hotel
- JL Domestic J class HND-CTS, operated on a 777-300, with the visit of the JL domestic F lounge in HND
- Couple days in Sapporo, with an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Susukino
- JL Domestic J class CTS-HND, operated on a 777-300, with the visit of the new JL F lounge in CTS
- Overnight stay in Tokyo Bay Hilton hotel.
- QR business class NRT-DOH, operated on a 777-200, with a short lounge visit (JL F NRT).
- Long layover in Doha, quick tour of the city and visit of the Al-Mourjan DOH lounge
- QR business class DOH-AMS, operated on a 777-300

Hope you will enjoy reading about my first experience on a ME3 carrier, and enjoy the pictures of Japan during the Sakura season !

PS : All pictures are also available on the flyertalk gallery : http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery/album445

Last edited by palmanfr; Jul 16, 17 at 8:57 am