FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pebble beach golf trip
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:43 pm
Troopers

Sign up for the Pebble Beach Resorts emails...there are several multiple golf specials throughout the year. Confirm afternoon availability at Pebble on particular day, then book a discounted rate of ~$250 at Spyglass (or ~$200 at Spanish), early morning tee time, on that particular day. Then book a replay rate of ~$250 at Pebble on the same day. An afternoon tee time will be assigned but pro shop will slide you in following your morning round. No resort stay required. Play 36, it's a long day but completely worth it. This will need to occur during daylight savings time. Suggest early summer...tougher in late summer/October.

Accommodations, I love the IC Clement Monterey. Reasonably priced (available on points) and well located in downtown Monterey...right in the middle of town. 15 to 20 mins to Pebble Beach. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is beautiful and scenic but a ways from town. Hyatt Regency Monterey is just ok, outskirts of town.

Suggest Pacific Grove for a bargain course. Avoid Quail Lodge and Carmel Valley Ranch. Pasatiempo is a must if you have the time. Golf wise, Golf at Spanish Bay is average (compared to PB and Spy) but Spanish Bay is favorite to eat/drink post round...love the bagpiper. Lots of other great choices such as Bayonet/Blackhorse and Poppy. Of course, a few elite courses if you have access.

Lastly, if you're flying in or out of SFO, I have a strong affinity to Half Moon Bay and the Ritz. Play the Ocean course for spectacular views on numerous holes.

I golf in Monterey multiple times a year so feel free to ask questions.

Last edited by Troopers; Jun 30, 2017 at 11:56 pm