Old Jun 30, 17, 4:28 pm
Ramonmv

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex, Marriott,
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
You don't have to. It had the same expiration date for 18 months. You refuse to take any responsibility on your part - that's why you're getting zero sympathy.

Sounds like Alaska works for you and you hated United even before you let your miles expire. Good luck!

And since you couldn't bother to read United's posted conditions on mileage/account expiration, here's Alaska's (which are remarkably similar to UA's):

"Mileage Plan miles do not have an expiration date and may remain in an active account indefinitely, provided that the Mileage Plan program has not been terminated pursuant to these conditions of membership. Activity in an account includes redeeming a Mileage Plan award or accruing mileage in the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan program. However, notwithstanding any term to the contrary, if a Mileage Plan account is inactive for 2 years, Alaska Airlines may close the account, delete any mileage balance and reassign the Mileage Plan number. Deleted mileage can be reinstated for a fee for up to 1 year. To reinstate a Mileage Plan account please contact customer care"

To put it simply - no activity with Alaska in 24 months equals forfeiture and closure of account.
6 months more than UA gives you, and a far better airline. Also, their Visa card is better. And, as pointed out by someone else, it says, "MAY."
I'm in no danger of losing my Alaska miles, and I'm sure they'd let if know if I was.