FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missing bag, leaving Norway,
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:31 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MaHa
I flew into Oslo on Monday from Berlin via Stockholm. I checked a bag in. It is still missing. SAS says to just track the bag using the World Tracer but nothing has changed. I was an idiot though as this was a brand new bag and I for somereason didnt bother to put on the ID tag onto the bag (very stupid).

I fly out of Norway back to Canada tomorrow. Do any of you know if it's possible to see what unclaimed bags they have at OSL just in case it might be there? I dont have easy access to the airport and have to make plans to get there. Also, for compensation for in the case it is over 21 days and no bag, how strict are they usually for claiming loss on items?
If the bag is completely lost, SK's liability is 1194 SDR, any value above that you would need to claim from your travel insurance.
According to other threads here SK's policy for the delayed period is to cover reasonable and documented expenses up to 1200 EUR. Anything above that, would need to be claimed from your travel insurance.