FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me reverse a points to miles transaction
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:48 pm
spankytoes

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by vandykes44
Just to let you know that I sent the letter to Club Carlson via snail mail a few weeks ago asking if they can do anything to help me. They replied via email that they can do nothing. They told me that I did not read their process carefully and that the mistake was all on me. Not even an offer of a few Club Carlson points to cushion the loss.

To that I say good-buy Club Carlson. I travel frequently for work and will chose another hotel chain that may provide a bit more empathy to a good customer.
Why would they offer points because you screwed up?

It's laid out in the points/miles option and not buried in legalese:

Important Information: When you select Miles as your earning preference your entire balance of Gold Points and all future Gold Points earned will automatically convert to Miles with the airline you have selected in 10,000 point increments. Miles can not be converted back to Gold Points. All miles with this auto conversion option will be redeemed at an 10:1 ratio.

Not sure what's confusing about that. It's bolded and the only paragraph there. They did exactly what you authorized them to do. A whiny letter isn't going to reverse course.

Last edited by spankytoes; Jun 27, 2017 at 9:57 pm