FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa GC/Walmart (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:30 pm
Mamibear

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Yes, the WM GDGCs failed to activate but what was odd was it went all the way asking me to sign and then a small piece of paper came out saying the cards didn't activate

Great! I'm glad the cashier gave me the receipt and small piece of paper stating the cards cannot be activated; now charges are pending on my card so I will keep an eye the next few days if charges will just fall off. X'ing my fingers since I do NOT want to go the dispute route.
Just my luck, charge posted today. WM kept telling me to wait for my refund in the next few days. I called the CC for my options and was told to wait until the 30th if I don't see the full refund and then I can decide if I want to file a dispute.

FYI to those who are traveling to unknown territories and doing MS with a merchant like WM. IF something goes wrong with your trxn, they WILL not help you over the phone and ask you to come in and if you can't, you're SOL; whether you like it or not, you'll have to file a dispute with your CCC to get your refund for a posted charge for unactivated cards that you never got. Make sure to get a copy of your receipt and that piece of paper saying the cards were not activated (code 03) so you have proof of the failed transaction.