FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:23 pm
Aero137

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
IC Grand Stanford Hong Kong

This is a review of a stay in late Feb. Used BOGO certificate.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 1 King Bed Premier Room. Received 1 King Bed Premier Full Harbour View. This was a double upgrade; upgraded once within a few days of booking, then again a few days before arriving.

How are the rooms?
Comfortable, relatively large, though slightly dated. Shower was large, with very hot water and plenty of pressure (perfect after a long TPAC).

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good - Room was ready when I checked-in at 11am (didn't specifically request early check-in before arriving). Large bowl of fruit, chocolates, teddy bear, Note from GM, and water were in the room when I arrived. Like other HK hotels, the "Handy" (complimentary cell phone) was very useful. View of HK Island was pretty good (just remember you won't be seeing Wan Chai or Central).

Bad - It's a ~20 minute walk to TST Pier or TST MTR Station (your two mass transit options to HK Island), and Avenue of Stars was (is?) under construction. Not a deal breaker, but something to keep in mind.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Pretty good value without any discounts, great value with BOGO. I would definitely return (unless I get a really good deal on the other IC).