FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:13 pm
The smallest state

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by pjf66
Hi,

I recently flew in F (Z class) from HKG-LAX, apparently the IFE & WIFI was down for all throughout the flight. Captain said they worked on fixing it for over an hour but can't do nothing, and the only alternative action was to cancel the flight which he did not do.

However, I was extremely anger when seeing several FAs in the kitchen watching movies on Samsung Pads with the F Bose headphones, given that no passengers had any entertainment on that day's flight.

I am a BA gold member (EMD), how much compensation is fair for me to receive from AA?

Thanks!
Never been in your shoes, to be fair. But why would you get angry at FAs watching movies? Its almost certainly downloaded beforehand in WIFI wasn't working.

I'd say 10000 points is fair. Ignore those who state that you should be thankful you arrived safely. AA sold a product, the product indicated IFE and WIFI to be a benefit and didn't deliver. You didn't get all the products you bought.